Collection and Use of Personal Information
Registration is required for the purchase of products on the Company website. Name, postal code, mailing address, email address and any other information allowing the identification of an individual will be collected at the time of registration. Information which allows the identification of an individual and is retained by the Company can be provided to you at your request, and can be modified or deleted if necessary. However, when information allowing the identification of an individual is deleted from the order database, the associated Font license(s) will become invalid.
Types of Information Collected
1. When you purchase a product, the Company may collect your name, organization, mailing address, telephone number, email address and other information allowing the identification of an individual.
3. On the Company website, Cookie functions are used to increase and improve site speed and security. The Company uses Google access analysis tools and Google Analytics, and these also contain Cookies. Our Cookies collect information such as browser type, operating system, and number of site visitors; this information does not identify any individual. The Company handles the information collected using Cookies as non-personal information. However, in cases where an internet protocol (IP) address or similar identifier is deemed to be personal information under governing laws, the Company will handle these identifiers as personal information. If you wish, you can use browser settings to block Cookie functions, but this may result in cases where some Company website functions will not operate normally.
Purposes and Methods of Use of Personal Information
1. The Company shall be entitled to continue providing up-to-date product information, software updates and event announcements to you if you have registered an account on the Company website. If you do not wish to register for Company mailing lists, you can unregister here.
2. There may be cases where the Company uses your personal information to send important notices such as communications related to your purchases and amendments to the Company’s Terms of Service and policies. This information is essential for interaction with the Company; you cannot elect to not receive communications of this nature.
3. The Company will use personal information to aid in creating, developing, managing, providing and improving Company products, services, content and advertisements, and to prevent loss and impropriety.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The lawful basis for the Company’s processing of personal data is as set forth below.
(1) Your consent; and
(2) The necessity of your information for the performance of agreements (EULAs etc.) between you and the Company in regard to the Service.
You have specific data privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These rights include the following:
1. The right to access, modify and delete standard types of personal data;
2. The right to request copies of personal data;
3. The right to file objections to the handling of personal data in Detail Type Foundry; and
If you are an EU resident and wish to assert your rights under the GDPR, please contact the manager indicated below. Please be advised that if information allowing identification of an individual is deleted from the order database, the associated Font license(s) will become invalid.
Kamimura & Co. Inc.
Protection of Personal Information
On the Company website, secure server software (SSL) is used to protect your information. SSL protects information by encoding such information before it is transmitted. In addition, at the Company, guidelines for privacy and security are provided to all employees, and thorough privacy protection measures are undertaken.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Except when there are relevant provisions in law, when preventing or protecting against actual fraud or improper transactions, or when investigating fraud that has already occurred, the Company will not share your personal information with third parties. We will not share personal information for marketing purposes.
Enacted: November 1, 2018
©2018 by Detail Type Foundry, Kamimura & Co. Inc., Makoto Kamimura. All rights reserved.
©2021 Kamimura & Co. Inc.